Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

are we gonna make a run for this guy?
doesnt mora love him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:30 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I doubt it. Everybody is seemingly in love with Michael Boley. But either way, we have DeMo and Ike to play on the strongside. I think the team might show some interest, but they aren't going to spend top dollar on an OLB. Instead, they will invest that sort of money in a DE or S.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:13 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

No. Too many LB's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:12 pm 

IMO Atlanta has 5 capable starting linebackers (Hartwell, Brooking, DeMo, Boley, Reese) and one very promising (although warning flags that scream Overstreet) talent in Beck. I can't say that Peterson is necessary. I think if we did actually get Peterson it would be the end of Brooking's days as a Falcon. Anymore Brooking has been hot & cold and started the season pretty icy after eventually heating up throught he middle of the season and then fading into the end of the season. I love Mr. Falcon but Peterson would be an upgrade.

That said I don't think Peterson comes to Atlanta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:30 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

dirtybirdnw wrote:
IMO Atlanta has 5 capable starting linebackers (Hartwell, Brooking, DeMo, Boley, Reese) and one very promising (although warning flags that scream Overstreet) talent in Beck. I can't say that Peterson is necessary. I think if we did actually get Peterson it would be the end of Brooking's days as a Falcon. Anymore Brooking has been hot & cold and started the season pretty icy after eventually heating up throught he middle of the season and then fading into the end of the season. I love Mr. Falcon but Peterson would be an upgrade.

That said I don't think Peterson comes to Atlanta.

In retrospect to Hartwell's bust/injury/whatever you want to classify it as.

I hope Hartwell works HARD during this upcoming offseason. He is such a good athlete, and I hate it when guy's work half ass in Training Camp...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:22 am 

Quote:
I hope Hartwell works HARD during this upcoming offseason. He is such a good athlete, and I hate it when guy's work half ass in Training Camp...

I don't think you're going to have to worry about that. Hartwell has a great work ethic. He wants to come back in 2006 and prove all his skeptics wrong. He wants to emerge from the shadow of Ray Lewis. He wants to become the next Jessie Tuggle for this team. He wants to be the defender that opponents talk about when they think about the tenacious Falcons defense.

I'm not at all concerned about Hartwell's drive. It's only injuries that could keep him from having a great rebound year, not a lacking work ethic.

Profile E-mail