It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Philly are they something to be concerned with next year?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:53 pm 

Looking at the draft and the running backs out there this may be a great sdraft for philly come there pick at 14 this yea.There number one problem is running back and with the likes of Lendale Whilte,Deangelo Williams,Maroney philly could solve there biggest need a running back that actually is effective. Westbrook is more of a reciever at least in my opinion and doesnt scare anyone running the ball. We forget about philly aunce tey had a bad year but they won't have terrell owens this year and they were a playoff team before him anyway.They will lose Runyan possibly which could effect there line but outside of that not sure if there are any big losses.Makes me wonder what there offense will look like if they get a good running back.Also keep in mind Santonio Holmes could be available for them and they do need a no1 receiver.

What do you think about Philly next year? Are they going to be a team to be reckoned with or in the middle of the pack?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:57 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Philly is always going to be troublesome. Asssuming McNabb is healthy, Reid realizes that you have to run the ball in the NFL, and their defense can get back to their older aggressive ways (which means bolstering the DL in the offseason), they should be back up there ready to challenge for NFC supremacy even with T.O.

Basically, they are too good a team to have another year like they did in 2005 again. Just like the Falcons I believe are too good to have another 8-8 year or worse (assuming Vick doesn't go down again).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:13 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Philly, unlike last year, has NOBODY at WR. not that they did before TO, i just see it as a glaring weakness.

IF they had only payed TO market value. good for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:57 am 

Well bottom line, I think it may not matter what any of us really think about other teams. I recall the vast majority of members (including myself) writing off the Bucs as soon as we heard Griese was done for the year, and look what happened.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:19 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Well what you casn be sure of is that Andy Reid realizes how stupid it was to throw the ball 75% of the time. It got his QB killed &, in a way, cost him his best player because TO got pissed that McNabb was hurt. They did discover a bit of a running game after McNabb quit last year, so I expect to see a lot more balanced attack this year. Philly will always be dangerous with their defense as long as McNabb is upright & able to throw without pain.

Post subject: Philly and receivers!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:50 pm 

Although the philly receviing corp took a major hit without owens they did make it to a number of champsionship NFC games without him. I do think they need to upgrade receiver so it will be interesting if the eagles have to choose between Santonio Holmes or Deangelo Williams,maroney or white if he slides.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:05 am 

I think Reggie Brown is going to be McNabb's new go-to guy. I think if they can get a decent #2 in opposite him, they will be fine. That player is not Todd Pinkston nor Greg Lewis, both of whom are good #3s, but average at best starters. The Eagles do have quite a bit of spending room, so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them make a very hard run at Reggie Wayne if the Colts don't find a way to keep him. I expect Wayne is looking for a phat payday, which will be hard to get in Indy, and plus he's looking to emerge a bit more from Marvin Harrison's shadow. Going to Philly is a very good fit for him, because McNabb is an excellent QB when healthy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:07 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I highly doubt Philly would take a RB in the first round. They just gave Westbrook a big contract (for them), and Bush & Williams will be gone at their pick. They will most likely end up with Holmes or a defensive player, unless they want to fill the hole Runyan my leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:00 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Reggie Brown is from my hometown and he actually has a couple of connections to my family...those connections allowed me an opportunity to speak to him a couple of weeks back and he said the coaching staff has already approached him and told himt to expect to me a much bigger part of the offense next year. That said I don't think the Iggles are gonna go in any other direction besides wr in the first round...that's where their big weakness is and they will address it. They just resigned Westbrook so I seriously doubt they go with a rb...they are pretty set on the defensive side of the ball, though I could see them taking a D-lineman if some one outstanding (Mario Williams?) is available when they pick.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah some people have them taking Kiwanuka as well, but I have always said they will take Santonio Holmes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:15 pm 

The SI mock draft has Philly taking SH and that is probably their best route while picking up a tackle in the second round.

What makes me really happy is that SI's mock has the Falcons taking Tambi Hali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:57 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Oh God, if we take Tamba Hali I will shoot myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:24 am 

Well you might want to invest in that bullet now Comp, because if he's there, I think the Falcons will take him. He seems exactly that type of player that I could see McKay & Mora falling in love with.

As for the Eagles draft plans, I don't see them taking a WR in ROund 1 because I suspect they will "fix" their WR issues in free agency by signing a top talent like Wayne. If they don't get Wayne, then maybe. But I think the Eagles would rather use their first round pick on a OL or DL.

Profile E-mail