It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Musgrave the New OC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Eric(DC): Mort, your in ATL whats the feeling down there concerning Vick? What would another 8-8 record and 75 passer rating in 06 mean for him?

Chris Mortensen: (11:15 AM ET ) This next seaosn will be Vick's third year in an offense that guys like Steve Young, Brett Favre and Donovan McNabb say takes four years to master....however, Vick's had enough time in the league and he's getting a great QB coach in Bill Musgrave that I think we can measure his true impact this coming season. Plus, the young receivers will have another year and that will be huge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:44 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

some more FYI...

• Word out of Atlanta is that everyone in the organization is on the hot seat after a disappointing 8-8 campaign in 2005. We hear owner Arthur Blank and his staff are turning over every stone and evaluating every procedure to try to find a way to get the team back in the playoffs. Everyone's performance is being evaluated, including head coach Jim Mora's.

• Falcons TE Alge Crumpler had arthroscopic surgery on his knee soon after the regular season ended. Our sources indicate that Crumpler's aching knee bothered him all season, but that he is one of the toughest players on the roster and gutted through the pain. We hear Crumpler expects to be healed in time to play in the Pro Bowl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:07 pm 

Correction: Musgrave is our new Quarterback Coach. Knapp is still the offensive coordinator.

Post subject: Right
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Right Dirty he is the QB Coach (although I would like to see him over Knapp), and about Crump; He looked like an old man all season, limping around after every catch and one quote I read this season by him indicated that on Monday mornings he couldn't even get out of bed and down the stairs. When I watched Gates this season he looked like a guy his age, but Crump looked like a guy at the end of a long career. I hope this knee surgury helps him.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:00 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well I think Musgrave has the potential to take over for Knapp in the near future if he departs Atlanta for whatever reason.

I'll wait to see what Musgrave can do for Vick before I start looking for him to replace Knapp as the play caller.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:16 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Unless this guy can block Simeon Rice, I don't see him being as much help as we would like.