To the Yucs tho?

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.
The Mattural

To the Yucs tho?

Postby The Mattural » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Watching the Falcons giving away games via two to three TOs a game. The Bucs played hard but no question in my mind that the Falcons gave this one away. The Refs definitely did not help but the Falcons need to get their collective heads out of their asses and play some inspired ball. Some takeaways:

- Vic Beasley would be the DROY if we were playing horse shoes. Dude can move a QB off the spot but cannot close.

- Predicting a Kyle Shannahan play call is like trying to predict a Thomas Dimitroff draft pick in rounds 2-6 smh.

- Matt Ryan isn't right something is going on with my guy.

- The C position is killing us when it matters most......heard a report that the Browns are willing to trade Alex Mack. Pick up the phone Dimitroff.

I can take a loss but when the "L" is self inflicted it pisses me off.

AngryJohnny51

Re: To the Yucs tho?

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 am

- Vic Beasley would be the DROY if we were playing horse shoes. Dude can move a QB off the spot but cannot close.

It'll come. He just needs to keep working hard. Was hoping for a little more though.....

- Predicting a Kyle Shannahan play call is like trying to predict a Thomas Dimitroff draft pick in rounds 2-6 smh.

There's a reason he's the OC on his fourth team in 7 years. I'm not throwing him under the bus (yet), but his promising (and surprising) start at the beginning of the year is just a memory now. He's always been dreadful in the red zone.....

- Matt Ryan isn't right something is going on with my guy.

He's thrown a few head scratchers for sure. I'm confident he will right the ship.....just got to cut down on the turnovers!

- The C position is killing us when it matters most......heard a report that the Browns are willing to trade Alex Mack. Pick up the phone Dimitroff.

Mack turns 30 in a week. That being said he could probably give us 3 very good years....though I'm sure the price will be way to high to justify a 3 year stop gap.

The Mattural

Postby The Mattural » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:45 pm

In regards to Shanny. I just don't get why he goes away from Devonta so often. Even though we have MR2 and Julio, Freeman is the catalyst for our offense. I still wonder why the Falcons don't try to utilize our 6'8 TE in the redzone or more high point or back shoulder passes to Julio when he is 1-on-1.

AngryJohnny51

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:51 am

The Mattural wrote:In regards to Shanny. I just don't get why he goes away from Devonta so often. Even though we have MR2 and Julio, Freeman is the catalyst for our offense. I still wonder why the Falcons don't try to utilize our 6'8 TE in the redzone or more high point or back shoulder passes to Julio when he is 1-on-1.

Shanahan's Red Zone rankings as OC: 26th, 12th, 19th, 29th, fourth, tied for 20th and 24th.

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:07 am

Julio is the catalyst for our offense. He's the ice cream, Devonta is just the cherry on top. Running the ball when you're down 20-3 or 17-6 doesn't do very much. The problem is that Devonta is productive but again, running when you're playing from behind 1-2 scores is virtually meaningless. Getting big plays allows you to score quickly, and the big play element of the offense has virtually evaporated. This team is about as explosive this year as they were in 2013 (and trust me, explosive would have been the last word to describe that offense).

Devonta's value is for sucking up an extra defender to open up play-action. But teams aren't as fearful vs. play action when they have a comfortable lead. THey're not worried about bringing that extra defender up in the box to stop the run because they are confident that teams aren't going to run their way back into games. They are fearful about giving up the big play in the air, so that safety sits back.

Devonta has been great for fantasy football purposes the past few weeks, but outside a handful of games, his ability to contribute to our ability to win in reality football hasn't been as big as those numbers would suggest.

Return to “The Huddle”