It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Georgia Force
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:43 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I am a season ticket holder for the Force and i was wonderin if any other FalcFans will be there also?

With Mr. Blank now in control of the force do we see Vick under center for extra passing pratice or Mora on the side lines for new offense play ideas.

I say this all in jest i know it will not happen but kind of funny to think about :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:40 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm not a season ticket holder, but I'll just say that you should probably pay close attention to the top players of the Force roster. Just like Bruce Adrine last summer, I think at least 1 or 2 Force players will be brought into training camp with the Falcons. Considering almost everyone that runs the force also has some sort of job with the Falcons. I think it's pretty cool that the Force will be a sort of minor league (AA if you will) team for us.

I really think the NFL should put together a stateside "minor league." I'm not sure if they could have a 32-team league, but possible separate it into 4 separate 8-team leagues (e.g. the AFC West & NFC West's team would combine for one of these leagues). This would allow the NFL to gain an even further market share on some of the bigger TV markets that are without a team. For example, the Seahawks could have their team be in Portland, the Redskins could be in Virginia, the Falcons could be in South Carolina.

This minor league could hold its short season (10 games) in the spring. Of course this would be large competition for the Arena League and NFL Europe, probably causing those leagues to go defunct or at least shrink to a much smaller scale, but I don't see why "greedy" NFL owners wouldn't be for this, since it would just putting money back in their pockets that they are already dishing out to those two leagues (and the CFL as well).

NFL Europe is already on its last legs, and the league is pretty much losing money. Sure, it's bringing American football to Germany, which is seemingly the only country outside the U.S. that can possibly support it. But a stateside league would bring more money back to the owners, and would also allow for the development of many players. Think about it, an additional 50 players that an NFL team holds the rights to, and they get valuable playing experience in the spring, rather than the 6-8 that they send to Europe. Not to mention the coaches that would also benefit from being a part of these teams.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:16 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

good idea pudge and i will keep a very close attention to the players

it would be good to see if they can make it

Profile E-mail