It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Vick's future which team if he is trade would give the
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:34 am 

I thought this might be an interesting question to pose or if it is even a possibilty since vick is the main draw for the Falcon's.I know now most people probably say that it would be out of the question to trade vick and what he means to Atlanta but lets say that next year the falcon's don't get past the first round in the playoffs or don't even make it.I am sure if not one but maybe both coordinators will be fired.Alot of us are fed up with Donatrell and Knapp but we know nothing will happen to either by the Falcon's this year.

Lets assume both are fired and we bring in new coordinators one a offensive coordinator who believes in throwing the deep pass and utilizing vick the way he should.Now that would be 3 offensive coordinators to groom vick and a few years goes by lets say 2-3 and still mike vick has not learned the nuances of winning football games against top competiition.What team would trade for vick and what compensation would you expect?

Just to backup a second I think the falcon's have shown they can beat below average and average teams and once in a while a good team but to do it consistently is what were after.Super Bowl teams can beat almost everyone,good,bad and average teams.

I keep thinking the Raiders for some reasonsince they love to throw long and Al Davis is always looking for a marquee player.You could probably throw the Jets in there which would suit the new york media.Teams like Arizona,Cleveland while they always seem to need a QB just aren't the markets that would be great for Vick.I think michael would have a say to where he would go in a trade.

I remember when the raiders gave up Gruden to Tampa ,Tampa gave them a boat load of picks.It is hard even thinking 4-5 yrs down the road but it is an interesting question.I think if the falcon's had to do the san diego deal again they just might take tomlinson and brees if he slipped to the 5th pick in the seocnd round than mike vick.

I am not all down on vick but once we get a team around vick then there will be no excuses.Either Vick perform s in the clutch or he is a QB that can't get it done against top competition.Any one have any ideas about this thread what team and what compensation would we get for vick if we traded him in 3-5 yrs?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:39 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I don't know why everyone is being so negative. Yes, this season was a huge disappointment. The Falcons had nothing going in the 2nd half, but don't pretend that the 2nd half team is the true Falcons.

In 2004, we were 5-2 against playoff teams, and one of those losses was vs. the Seahawks where we played our backups. Sure, we didn't get it done against good teams this year, but I don't think that is the true Falcons. We just didn't have it this year, for a variety of reasons.

Prior to the Packers game, Vick was 12-1 in close games (decided by 8 points or less) that he started and finished. Since that game, he is 0-3. Vick's clutch abilities shouldn't be in question. He's proven he can get it done when the game is on the line, the problem was that in his last 3 he didn't manage to do so.

We play "Mora Ball" which I think is a slight variation of Marty Ball, and Reeves to a large degree played this type of football: CONSERVATIVE. Run the ball well, get your points, and let the defense win the game in the end. That leaves little margin for error. When your defense played as poorly as ours did in '05, you're going to lose more than you should.

I'm not even contemplating trading Vick, especially not after things are starting to click for him when he had an outstanding November.

But I'll play your game. If we are trading Vick now, then yes I would believe the Raiders would give up a lot to get him. Put him and Moss on the same team, and you have something very special. I could also see the Texans, Lions, Dolphins, and Saints going after him hard as well. Maybe I'd throw the Ravens and Chiefs as other possible suitors.

But the truth is that if you are expecting more than 2 #1s for Vick, you're daydreaming. It would be hard enough to sell more than just one #1 with his huge contract. The best offer you could probably hope if we traded Vick now would be a #1 and #3 this year, or maybe a #1 this year and a #2 next year.

But realistically, with his contract in place, it's going to be a while until the Falcons trade Vick. I did an evaluation when he first inked it, and I recall saying that he was going to be on this team through 2008 before the team could be in a position to financially gain from getting rid of him.

And with that being the case, it would be hard to imagine who is in need for a dynamic QB like Vick 2 or 3 years down the road. But I believe, we're going to see the very best out of Michael Vick over that span.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mike Vick's future which team if he is trade would give
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:19 am 
Rookie
Rookie

thescout wrote:
I thought this might be an interesting question to pose or if it is even a possibilty since vick is the main draw for the Falcon's.I know now most people probably say that it would be out of the question to trade vick and what he means to Atlanta but lets say that next year the falcon's don't get past the first round in the playoffs or don't even make it.I am sure if not one but maybe both coordinators will be fired.Alot of us are fed up with Donatrell and Knapp but we know nothing will happen to either by the Falcon's this year.

Lets assume both are fired and we bring in new coordinators one a offensive coordinator who believes in throwing the deep pass and utilizing vick the way he should.Now that would be 3 offensive coordinators to groom vick and a few years goes by lets say 2-3 and still mike vick has not learned the nuances of winning football games against top competiition.What team would trade for vick and what compensation would you expect?

Just to backup a second I think the falcon's have shown they can beat below average and average teams and once in a while a good team but to do it consistently is what were after.Super Bowl teams can beat almost everyone,good,bad and average teams.

I keep thinking the Raiders for some reasonsince they love to throw long and Al Davis is always looking for a marquee player.You could probably throw the Jets in there which would suit the new york media.Teams like Arizona,Cleveland while they always seem to need a QB just aren't the markets that would be great for Vick.I think michael would have a say to where he would go in a trade.

I remember when the raiders gave up Gruden to Tampa ,Tampa gave them a boat load of picks.It is hard even thinking 4-5 yrs down the road but it is an interesting question.I think if the falcon's had to do the san diego deal again they just might take tomlinson and brees if he slipped to the 5th pick in the seocnd round than mike vick.

I am not all down on vick but once we get a team around vick then there will be no excuses.Either Vick perform s in the clutch or he is a QB that can't get it done against top competition.Any one have any ideas about this thread what team and what compensation would we get for vick if we traded him in 3-5 yrs?

I wonder what fan base we could trade you to...

Post subject: Get real !
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:20 pm 

Get real,why bother to post!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mike Vick's future which team if he is trade would give
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:53 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

keep_it_real wrote:
I wonder what fan base we could trade you to...

KIR: Pretty unnecessary shot. Why not debate the merits of the post? If you disagree then fine but respond with your dispute not a petty insult...

Last edited by Capologist on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:58 am 

In the infamous words of Terrell Owens and his agent: No Comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:09 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

We have to fix the defense & improve the pass blocking. Our defense was terrible when playing with a lead this year, which is why Vick went 0-3 in close games at the end of the year, and we have to try to build the kind of D that can carry us when our O is stalled......because every O stalls a few times a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:52 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

You guys are right I apologize for such a thescout classless reply, I came from the other MB, were I've been defending this position, and my immaturity reflected to this board...
Again I apologize...

Post subject: No problem keep it real accept your apology!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:35 pm 

Hey no problem Keep It real I accept your apology. If you read my post I mentioned in 3-5 yrs if Vick fails and if we get a team behind him such as a defense an offensive line.Until then vick won't be traded but never say never in the NFL.Montana was traded,Hershel Walker,Namath,Seau so there is always a possiblity.Some people view vick as the greatest thing since sliced bread but when all the hoopla is over and it comes time to judge how good vick is in terms of great players in history super bowl wins will be huge.Marino didn't have any but he has most passing stats and they just never had the complete team. Vick is a great runner but we pay running backs to do that.Once Vick gets a complete game pass/run and complete team will see how talented he is.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:53 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Vick being traded, hmm, not sure who except Philly that would have the cap room to handle him. And knowing how Reid likes running QB's with strong arms, that would be my guess.

I just don't see Knapp and Donatell going anywhere. I think this year was more about injury than about playcalling. Sure, they did some bonehead stunts, but I personally think they are having to change their mindset as they realize the personell did not really fit what they were trying to do.

Last year, Vick's average per pass was 7.2 yards. This year 6.23 yards. Passes over 20 yards 2004/2005 was 35 to 27. And over 40 was 8 to 3. But, this year Vick attempted 66 more pass plays. Thats one games worth of plays. Seems they are trying to adjust, but, they are having substitution problems. ONe game this year we fielded seven rookies at one time on defense?