Marcus Vick

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

User avatar
revolution7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Contact:

Postby revolution7 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:52 pm

i'm not going to call any player a POS, I think that is just wrong, unless you personally know them and everything about them. I still hope the best for him, and pray that he straightens out his life.
“Mike Vick is one of the most unselfish teammates you'll ever see, because he truly doesn't care about his numbers. As long as I've known him, every time someone says he can't do something or sets up barriers, he leaps over them.”
— Keion Carpenter

Online
User avatar
Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Posts: 26397
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Pudge » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:36 am

It's moot now, he has a better chance of being in jail than being in the NFL anytime soon. Wow you really have to wonder about the mental stability of Marcus Vick after this latest incident.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

User avatar
FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:32 pm
Location: South Jersey
Contact:

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:17 pm

I doubt Marcus goes to jail. The DA has the burden of proof and its a case of he said vs. he said. With a minor making the allegations. Michael will hire a very expensive and good lawyer for Marcus and he will most likely plead to a lesser deal and get probation, a huge fine (which Mike will most likely pay for) but no jail time.

I say lock him up. And hopefully Virginia's Gov. wont let this athlete loose.

User avatar
revolution7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Contact:

Postby revolution7 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:22 pm

Good thing Mike got that huge contract, he is going to need it to pay for Marcus! :shock:
“Mike Vick is one of the most unselfish teammates you'll ever see, because he truly doesn't care about his numbers. As long as I've known him, every time someone says he can't do something or sets up barriers, he leaps over them.”
— Keion Carpenter

User avatar
Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:26 pm
Contact:

Postby Steve-O » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:45 pm

it really is a shame to see him take this path.....



if he does manage to avoid jail time and decided to stay in college I bet you a hundred bucks he shows up at Georgia Southern


and RB woudl be another good position to think of Marcus in in the pros....I mean why the hell not...lol

User avatar
The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 869
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Postby The_Incomparable » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:13 pm

I just feel bad for Mike, did you see his face when Marcus stomped on Dumervil's leg?
Image
Props to Scar for my sig.

User avatar
mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:44 pm
Location: Woodstock, Ga

Postby mickvick302 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:47 pm

The_Incomparable wrote:I just feel bad for Mike, did you see his face when Marcus stomped on Dumervil's leg?



No, i didn't see that...Where was it?
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"

GSUTeke
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:06 am
Location: Augusta, GA

Postby GSUTeke » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:42 pm

Steve-O wrote:it really is a shame to see him take this path.....



if he does manage to avoid jail time and decided to stay in college I bet you a hundred bucks he shows up at Georgia Southern


and RB woudl be another good position to think of Marcus in in the pros....I mean why the hell not...lol


are you TRYING to pick a fight?!?!?!

we just got a bigtime headcoach from the Jax Jaguars. he was UGA's DC the first few years under Richt when UGA was in the top 10 in D in the nation.

he is dropping the option (to my dismay) and installing a Pro style offense. we got a transfer from Arkansas to be our QB.

the same was said about that RB that transferred from UGA last year. where did he wind up?

RdHdBirdFan
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:56 am
Location: Biloxi, MS

Postby RdHdBirdFan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:39 pm

vickisthebest wrote:I doubt Marcus goes to jail. The DA has the burden of proof and its a case of he said vs. he said. With a minor making the allegations. Michael will hire a very expensive and good lawyer for Marcus and he will most likely plead to a lesser deal and get probation, a huge fine (which Mike will most likely pay for) but no jail time.

I say lock him up. And hopefully Virginia's Gov. wont let this athlete loose.


I don't know how he avoided jail time for bedding the teeny-boppers. If that had been any of us "normal people", we'd be getting free room and board. But his luck is going to run out sooner or later.

I'm sure some team will take a chance on him, but I hope it's not us.

Dennis

Online
User avatar
Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Posts: 26397
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Pudge » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:33 pm

Yes, prior to these latest events, I would have said he might be worth taking a chance on at WR. But now, even if they wind up being untrue, trouble seems to follow him around a bit too much.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

User avatar
The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 869
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Postby The_Incomparable » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:46 am

mickvick302 wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:I just feel bad for Mike, did you see his face when Marcus stomped on Dumervil's leg?



No, i didn't see that...Where was it?


I saw it on one of the ESPn shows and you could see Mike look at him funny & mouth out "what are you doing!?!?!?" He was up in the stands just watching the game in a white T-shirt & hat. That's the only time I've seen it and it may have been on NFL PrimeTime a couple nights ago IIRC.
Image
Props to Scar for my sig.

User avatar
Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:26 pm
Contact:

Postby Steve-O » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:15 pm

GSUTeke wrote:
Steve-O wrote:it really is a shame to see him take this path.....



if he does manage to avoid jail time and decided to stay in college I bet you a hundred bucks he shows up at Georgia Southern


and RB woudl be another good position to think of Marcus in in the pros....I mean why the hell not...lol


are you TRYING to pick a fight?!?!?!

we just got a bigtime headcoach from the Jax Jaguars. he was UGA's DC the first few years under Richt when UGA was in the top 10 in D in the nation.

he is dropping the option (to my dismay) and installing a Pro style offense. we got a transfer from Arkansas to be our QB.

the same was said about that RB that transferred from UGA last year. where did he wind up?




Hey man I am only reporting what I've heard....when Marcus got into trouble before there were multiple links between him and Ga Southern......

User avatar
mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:44 pm
Location: Woodstock, Ga

Postby mickvick302 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:09 pm

Yeah, cupcake(GSU) I don't think Steve-O meant anything bad from that...and im only calling you cupcake, because you said that the packers game was a "cupcake game"
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"

Online
User avatar
Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Posts: 26397
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Pudge » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:04 am

mickvick302 wrote:Yeah, cupcake(GSU) I don't think Steve-O meant anything bad from that...and im only calling you cupcake, because you said that the packers game was a "cupcake game"


Good, I thought there might be something going on between you two that the rest of the board doesn't know about :shock:
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

GSUTeke
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:06 am
Location: Augusta, GA

Postby GSUTeke » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:26 pm

the site has locked me out for some reason.

GSU got Arkansas QB ? Mortenson to transfer there. he is Chris Mortenson's son. supposedly a bigtime atlanta area high school player.

User avatar
mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker
Posts: 431
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:44 pm
Location: Woodstock, Ga

Postby mickvick302 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:44 pm

AngryJohnny51 wrote:Moot point fella's. Dumb ass was arrested again today for brandishing a handgun at a McDonalds.



Maybe someone wants him dead, so it is a reliable source of protection in his oozie
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"


Return to “The Huddle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Pudge and 1 guest