Week 6 vs. Saints Discussion Thread

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.
Pudge
Site Admin

Week 6 vs. Saints Discussion Thread

Postby Pudge » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Since I forgot about the past 2 weeks, might as well get an early jump on Hate Week. Or should I say, Hate Half-Week.

Bad moon

Re: Week 6 vs. Saints Discussion Thread

Postby Bad moon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:13 pm

That Texans game did not properly emotionally prepare me for a nail biter against Washington. Feels like the team was already thinking of the Saints.
It seems that our run blocking is better than our pass protection. It also doesn't help that Julio does not look 100 percent. All that said, a win is a win and I ain't complaining.

I hope Durant can play next week. I haven't heard an update on his time table. He's been good for us.

Yulin

Postby Yulin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:00 am

If I'm reading the stats right, the Saints D gives up over 135 a game on the ground, so here's hoping Freeman and Coleman just keep driving this ball down their throats.

Our D looked good today, esp in the run game. We're going to have to hold the ball as long as possible to make sure we can just keep them at arms length. Hopefully use Julio as little as possible to heal up on 10 days break after this.

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:19 am

Eventually they were gonna lay a stinker, and this was it. Offense shot themselves in the foot too many times with the turnovers and the blocked punt. Defense ran out of gas in the 2nd half. Saints converted too many 3rd downs (8 of 16) and had too many long drives, thanks largely due to a lack of pass rush, not being able to cover Ben Watson (10 catches, 127 yards, 1 TD) or their RBs (combined for 9 catches, 51 yards).

This really needed to be a breakout game for Vic Beasley, especially going against Tony Hills for most of the game. Fail. Disappointing for several rookies including Tevin Coleman.

I'm done with Roddy White. People will point out his TD catch and make that out to be meaningful when he's not good. It's Justin Hardy time. And if Hardy being inactive is because he's "not ready" then the Falcons need to make a trade for a WR before the deadline in Week 8.

Kendall Wright, anyone?

RobertAP

Postby RobertAP » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:46 am

I think the biggest, most obvious need is a backup center that can snap the football. Stone throws everything off with his crappy snaps. Makes it harder for Ryan to make reads because he has to fumble around for the football, if he even gets his hands on the ball in the first place.

Also, Worrilow shouldn't be on the field on 3rd down. I'm a fan of the guy, but he can't cover. Not for the 6 seconds that our pass rush gives opposing QB's.

MissouriFalcon25

Postby MissouriFalcon25 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Good day folks first post here. Yes it was maddenning to lose to Aints but they treated that game like it was a super bowl.

MissouriFalcon25

Postby MissouriFalcon25 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Pudge wrote:Eventually they were gonna lay a stinker, and this was it. Offense shot themselves in the foot too many times with the turnovers and the blocked punt. Defense ran out of gas in the 2nd half. Saints converted too many 3rd downs (8 of 16) and had too many long drives, thanks largely due to a lack of pass rush, not being able to cover Ben Watson (10 catches, 127 yards, 1 TD) or their RBs (combined for 9 catches, 51 yards).

This really needed to be a breakout game for Vic Beasley, especially going against Tony Hills for most of the game. Fail. Disappointing for several rookies including Tevin Coleman.

I'm done with Roddy White. People will point out his TD catch and make that out to be meaningful when he's not good. It's Justin Hardy time. And if Hardy being inactive is because he's "not ready" then the Falcons need to make a trade for a WR before the deadline in Week 8.

Kendall Wright, anyone?

Still have faith in Roddy..

Return to “The Huddle”