Week 17-Official Panthers Game Discussion

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Week 17-Official Panthers Game Discussion

Postby Pudge » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:21 pm

Sorry, I'm a little late posting it. This week's FRN Rival Site is:

Panthers Fanz
rival forum

I just can't fathom the Falcons finishing this year 2-6. We're hurting. DeLo may not be playing, which gives a huge advantage to the Panthers. J-Web will be locked up on Steve Smith (who won't be suspended, just fined).

But I'm predicting a Falcons victory just on the sheer will power that this team and coaching staff want to give the fans something positive in such a disappointing season.

Losing this game would truly be tragic for all Falcon fans. I can't wait another 2 years to see some consistency from thsi team.
Last edited by Pudge on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:59 pm

so no one wants to talk about this game huh?

I don't blame yall.....I am still pretty down after last week too.....

honestly I don't see this week going to well for us...with D Hall out and with our struggles against the run I think we are in trouble unless Steve Smith gets himself ejected again...

I will be there rooting my boys on though every second, I want a win this week more than I've wanted a win all year....knock Carolina out of the playoffs and finish with a winning record!....that's good enough for me at this point....

mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker

Postby mickvick302 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:38 pm

Steve-O wrote:so no one wants to talk about this game huh?

I don't blame yall.....I am still pretty down after last week too.....

honestly I don't see this week going to well for us...with D Hall out and with our struggles against the run I think we are in trouble unless Steve Smith gets himself ejected again...

I will be there rooting my boys on though every second, I want a win this week more than I've wanted a win all year....knock Carolina out of the playoffs and finish with a winning record!....that's good enough for me at this point....

My thoughts exactly
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"

Crumplerfan1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Crumplerfan1 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:04 am

Knocking the panties out of the playoffs would be really sweet for the simple fact that some of their fans can be so obnoxious. When we got beat last time, all of a sudden the panties fans were talking trash about how they owned us. Another statement I remember was how that by this game they would have already won the division and would be resting their starters. I want this one really bad. I really downright hate that team and their fans.

mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker

Postby mickvick302 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:13 pm

I kinda wish they played today...I'm tired of waiting
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"

Bart-B4-Vick
Starter
Starter

Postby Bart-B4-Vick » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:18 pm

I think the Falcons will win a tough game.

I think the Panthers will be feeling the pressure while the Falcons have nothing to lose really.

Bart-B4-Vick
Starter
Starter

Postby Bart-B4-Vick » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:38 pm

I stand corrected. :roll:

CarpeDM
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks!

Postby CarpeDM » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:28 am

For getting us into the playoffs...better luck w/ that streak next year! You guys had better hold onto Schaubie, cause Vick isn't gonna get it done for you. My advice: trade him for some linemen and a stud WR. Either way, you've got plenty of time to think about it! :P Image

8-8
GO PANTHERS!!!

revolution7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby revolution7 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:29 pm

I think that would be good for the Panthers.......so no wonder you would say something like that. By the way, what is Carolina's record against Vick again? What is their record against ATL? Sure, Vick had a rough year, the Falcons had a lot of injuries. YOU as a Carolina fan should know something about injuries and how they affect your season. How come none of you were crying out for someone to replace Jake last year?
“Mike Vick is one of the most unselfish teammates you'll ever see, because he truly doesn't care about his numbers. As long as I've known him, every time someone says he can't do something or sets up barriers, he leaps over them.”
— Keion Carpenter

CarpeDM
Rookie
Rookie

Postby CarpeDM » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:13 am

revolution7 wrote: How come none of you were crying out for someone to replace Jake last year?

Umm, cause Jake isn't a RB in a QB's jersey AND despite ALL our injuries we finished last season VERY strong, and 3 points away from going to the playoffs after that atrocious start.
GO PANTHERS!!!

Return to “The Huddle”