Phone Call

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Phone Call

Postby starley657 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:15 pm

Hey guys, I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday because of errands and things, but my Mom told me that Coach Mora got a phone call during overtime or something. What's up with that? Does anyone know who called? Anyway I figured one of you could help me out with this.

Merry Christmas!!!

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:57 pm

Yeah, I don't know what that was all about. I assumed he was talkign to somebody about what would happen to the Falcons playoff chances if we tied. But that's just a guess.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:53 pm

According to Jim Mora Sr. on NFL network last night Mora was on the phone with the PR department to find out the playoff implications of a tie...He was trying to find out if we had tied the game whether or not we would have made the playoffs with a win vs Carolina....

eh....it's all a moot point now... :(

MadBirdMike
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MadBirdMike » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:16 am

Steve-O wrote:According to Jim Mora Sr. on NFL network last night Mora was on the phone with the PR department to find out the playoff implications of a tie...He was trying to find out if we had tied the game whether or not we would have made the playoffs with a win vs Carolina....

eh....it's all a moot point now... :(

That's Dan Reeves thinking. Play for the tie, not for the win.

vverhei
Role Player
Role Player

Postby vverhei » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:40 pm

Well, if Atlanta had tied, they'd still be alive in the playoffs. So in this case, playing for the tie would have been the smart thing to do.

And considering the long pass on 3rd and 2, I don't think you can say they were playing for the tie. If they had been, they'd have run right up the gut, and not cared if it had been stuffed.

Return to “The Huddle”