It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your feeling after another loss against a winning team Bears
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:50 am 

Well what is jimmy boy going to say after another bad loss against a winning team.Were working on it I think is his favorite saying.Tonight showe d once and for all the falcon's have alot of holes on there team and with this loss look to be out of the playoff picture.The Falcon's had everything to gain but just couldn't get the job done. Here are some quick points

1.Special teams - this is like the 3rd game in a row DHAll has made a big play on returns and it called back due to some penalty of shoving in the back.Decamillas what is he working on in practice? Special teams is killing us!
2.Carpenter had a couple of times interceptions,one knocked out and fumbled a t the 1 yard line that killed the falcons.Another one carpenter dropped the interception.
3.Chauncey davis didn't stay on his side of the field and the recevier took it for a huge gain
4.the offensive line can't block vs the real good defenses.Carolina,Chicago,tampa just eat up the falcon offensive linemen but the off line can play well against bad and average teams in pass blocking.
5.The DVD show can't get it done against real good defenses...you need balance a passing game..roddy,crump and jenkins were nearly nonexistent.
6.Stupid play calling by knapp.....the bears stuff the falcons on 3rd down with duckett rushing.Knapp calls the same play and duckett gets pounded back again.

The Falcon's just don't have enough talent.I hope we get 2 new safeties for next year.This is a great draft for safety lets use even a 1st rounder on one if he is special? The drafting philosphy of never using no higher than a 4th round pick for off line is killing the falcons'.you get your better athletes in the 1st,2nd and 3rd rounds.It seems you can take most linemen and create great run blocking linemen but you can't do it will pass blocking.

Vick looked terrible tonight. He was supposed to run the ball more but again a great defense can limit the DVD attack..I can't stand our corners always playing off there man but I think part of it is our safeties can't cover if a corner makes a mistake.

The Falcon's need another pass rusher,not sure how they will get one but kerney can't do it by himself.

Overall,the falcons have yt to beat a team above 500.We are finding the limnitations of the team when you don't have enough talent.Mckay needs to get some more players in here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:06 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

1. That was a terrible call, Newton was running beside that guy when he blocked him.
2. Carpenter has been a huge disappointment.
3. That was #95, which is Shropshire I think, and might be why we saw a lot more of Davis after that.
4. yeah, O line is total garbage against a good D
5. has a lot to do with #4.
6. Knapp is the ball & chain of our postentially explosive offense, and has completely handcuffed Vick's progress. If he is here next year, I espect him to radically change his playcalling because the local high school coaches call better games than Knapp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:24 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

#95 is Babineaux, Shrop is #71.

Knapp and the entire coaching staff I think did a terrible job. I'll forgive them however if we can still manage to make the playoffs.

I don't think it's a severe lack of talent. Yes, we need help on the OL, yes we need some more pass rush, yes we need a lot of help in the secondary, but I believe this team has enough talent to go deep in the playoffs. But I think 2 things have held the team back somewhat this year:

1. Coaching and coaching decisions. Whether its' game management to roster moves, play calling, etc. There have been too many moments this year where the ENTIRE coaching staff has made mistakes that have hurt this team's chances to win football games.

2. Youth. Too many of our key players are 23 and 24 years old. A lot of these guys weren't expected to be thrown into the fire so quickly, and that lack of experience is holding the team back too. A positive does come from that as it means the team should just naturally be better in 2006 and beyond because these guys are playing sooner rather than later. But just too many of the veterans didn't show up this year, whether it was at WR, DL, LB, DB, or wherever.

I want to say though that the Bears are a good team that it would have taken an exceptional game by the Falcons to win. But, you're right, this team has struggled mightily this year against quality teams. The only bright spot is that if the Vikings and Dolphins continue to win, they might wind up with above-.500 records at the end and we beat both them. But considering the Vikes are 7-3 and Dolphins 4-2 since we played them, it clearly shows they were much different teams when we faced them than they are now, and I think this team would find it 10x more difficult to win those games now as opposed to then.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:10 am 
Role Player
Role Player

I'm bummed about the loss. I guess it's a positive that the team played very poorly and had every break go against them, but was still in it in the fourth quarter.

But I'm not really upset that they lost to Chicago in Chicago; I'm now even more upset that they lost to Green Bay and Tampa Bay at home. Those are the games that are going to end up keeping them out of the playoffs, barring a minor miracle.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:53 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

let's see here, 1st) pass for little or no yards, 2nd) then run it up the gut for a couple of yards, 3rd) then pass for no yards OR 1st) run it up the gut a couple yards, 2nd)run it up the gut for one yard, 3rd) then pass for a few or no yards. what will knapp do? hmm.

i couldn't watch anymore after the 3rd qtr so tell me if something changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:27 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I'm extremely dissapointed in the Ref's. I'm not one to make excuses, but that is just ridiculous. Jenkins back was on the ground when he lost the ball, that definatly was a game-changing call. The NFL is officially rigged...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:27 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Get some unbiased ref's or something...come on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:18 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

yeah Jenks was down...I did'nt understand that call either...

I hate losing games...especially games I think we could have won....just wasn't our night last night though...no one did well....not the players, not the coaches, no one...well Dunn did well just like he always does and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him...but outside of him no one did all that well at all....

our defense played better than they have recently as far as tackling goes, but we are very undisciplined and are playing outside of our assignments....that's mainly because of the youth on our team, and you combine the youth with having to play a position that they are not used to or suited for (Babs at end, we have 3 wlb'ers playing all three spots) then you get things like missed assignments....

honestly we just are not a good team yet....that's really all there is to it....we just are not good enough....the Bears have a good defense and all but we had plenty of opportunities and just didn't make anything from it....

maybe when our boys finish growing up we will be better off....well that and when we can find a line that can both pass block and run block because unfortunetly the only thing we can do now is run block and even that has been slipping as of late....

man losing depresses me so much....just win one more game fella's, just give me a winning season...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:14 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

I'm so bummed it's pathetic. Actually, I'm a bit glad the game won't be on TV here this week. I may not even listen to it. :( But, I'll be in the Dome on 1/1/06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:04 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Steve-O wrote:

man losing depresses me so much....just win one more game fella's, just give me a winning season...

LOL, Amen brother, amen! If we end up 8-8 I will be so pissed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:01 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Is 8-8 a winning season?

...you don't have a losing record(Below .500) but it isnt above .500 either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:26 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah if we end up 8-8 I will be so pissed because I want this streak to end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:44 am 

A winning season is winning more games than you lose. So 9-7 is a winning season, and 8-7-1 is also considered a winning season as well. But most aren't goign to give you a lot of slack on that last one.

Just as a losing season is finishing 7-9, or 7-8-1.

An 8-8 finish is respectable and that's about all it is. It's like purgatory, not a winning, but not a losing one. You're not a winner, but you're not a loser either. You're in between, so it's just respectable.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:13 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Right. I don't know how this became a discussion about what a winning season is, but I would have some satisfaction if we could at the very least have back to back winning seasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:12 am 
Role Player
Role Player

But we all know that:
Mediocrity is really failure.