Rod Gardner

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker

Rod Gardner

Postby mickvick302 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:37 pm

He was released from the Panther's today
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5175024

We should get him, he would be a nice addition to help our younger WR's...
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:08 am

Gardner has good size and speed, and he's been known to be a playmaker. But he hasn't put it all together as a pro. He's too inconsistent. He's had some good years, but mostly has been considered an underachiever.

He's a player that I had wanted to see the Falcons pursue in this upcoming off-season to compete with Finn for the #3 job. But he's probably got too inconsistent hands and is not a good enough blocker to be anything more than a small blip on the team's radar unless he's still unsigned come May or June.

I suspect if the Falcons do seek veteran help at the #4 spot it will have to be a player that can play special teams and block, something that aren't on Gardner's resume. A player like that is more likely to come in the draft than free agency.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker

Postby mickvick302 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:14 am

Pudge wrote:Gardner has good size and speed, and he's been known to be a playmaker. But he hasn't put it all together as a pro. He's too inconsistent. He's had some good years, but mostly has been considered an underachiever.

He's a player that I had wanted to see the Falcons pursue in this upcoming off-season to compete with Finn for the #3 job. But he's probably got too inconsistent hands and is not a good enough blocker to be anything more than a small blip on the team's radar unless he's still unsigned come May or June.

I suspect if the Falcons do seek veteran help at the #4 spot it will have to be a player that can play special teams and block, something that aren't on Gardner's resume. A player like that is more likely to come in the draft than free agency.

Age is also a factor with Gardner
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:03 pm

Packers got him...

Return to “The Huddle”