It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcons exposed no receivers poor defense reason they lost
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:18 pm 

Well the Carolina Panthers finally came back and put the Falcon's out of there misery and showed which team was better today. We all kept saying how vick was 5-0 against them and they have there number but sooner or later it is going to catch up to you. Facing a winning team finally the falcon showed they are not capable of beating winning teams consistently.Lose to Tampa lose to Carolina both games were huge.Yet all we here from the front office is we are going to fix things,we are working on it.Yeah right! Of course the front office isn;'t going to come and say we don't have the perosnel to compete and win a championship this year.

Another thing today when you face a top notch defense the DVD combination was grounded to a hault.most everyone thought we could run through every team imto the playoffs.What happened? Top notch defenses will take your bread and butter away and make you do what you don't want to,pass. It wasn't only the DVD combination getting shut down it was crumpler. Not onl;y do you need a balanced attack but you need to have your receviers involved constantly.Without your receviers doing anything you limit your options drastically.This was a main reason we lost along with the poor defense.The offense had been playing good but how many team have the falcon's played that have a quality defense? Tampa, who else Carolina? We lost both games! The panthers defensive line were pressuring vick all day and vick did make some poor throws but your offense needs to find plays to conteract the blitz.Throw screen passes,throw qucik outs or ins to receivers. When you finally do have time throw some long passes get them out of the 8 men in a box.

Denagelo Hall,what is his problem? DEcamillas needs to talk to him when returning punts,maybe mora needs to.you do not taunt the other team and get a penalty which could be crucial to your teams success.It is selfish play and who cares about who is the badder trash talker.Play it on the field.Hall needs to mature above thus crap.

The defense! Well mora and gang say they keep on working on the stopping the run part but when will it get fixed. At this point it is obvious we don't have the perosnel to stop the run.Depending on Lavalais,shopshire,lake ain't going to get it done.We need some beef in the middle I am tired of small defenses that get pushed around.The corners play scared and give the receivers way to much room.Maybe if we had some safeties that could help coverage or a stronger pass rush and stop the running backs in the front 4 we could solve some problems. We need some new safeties no doubt,We need another pass rusher,seeing kerney almost got knocked out of the game who would rush the QB? The Falcon's will probably beat new orleans and win vs tampa chicago or caorlina but 9-7 record looks to be where we are headed.

At least will get a good draft pick.It isn't over yeat but reality is the falcons almost have to sweep the next 4 games which I doubt to get a wild card .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Tackling is still poor!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:26 pm 

After watching the game the we are working on it theme is getting old as far as tackling.I think the falcon's need to hire a tackling coach.Foster made the atlanta defenders look bad.One play there were 3 falcons that couldn't wrap him up they just hit each other and foster kept going. Poor tackling,can't stop the run,can't get your receivers involved,no deep pass patterns except one to jenkins etc etc....in summary we just need more talent especially on defense.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:05 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Tackling has stunk for far too long. I think the offensive problems are more offensive line related...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:46 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

We need a more consistent pass rush. Ours is all or nothing in games, we get 5-8 sacks or we get nothing. We have to find an identity defensively & we need some Safeties. Scott's missed tackle changed the complexion of the entire game on the 30+ yard run by Foster early. Yes, that was Scott who made initial contact about 3 yards from the line. I know, big surprise. Anyhow, we could possibly let Scott play our Centerfielder & bring in a sure tackling, big hitting Safety to play the 8th man in the box.

Thomas Davis pretty much did what I though, shadowing Vick most of the day. It seems like a lot of teams are spying Vick with quick Safeties this year, which is working. We also need a couple of pure pass rushers. There are far too many times where the other team's non-mobile QB has all day because he either rolls out or their line just owns ours, or both. The simple truth is that we need an identity for our D; either we are a speed based D that will give up a fair amount of run yards (like the Bucs or Colts), or we are an aggressive run stopping D that risks our DB's getting smoked (like the old Ravens team). I felt like Hall did a terrific job overall against the best WR in the NFL for this season. He only had about 50 or 60 yards and the TD he got was a missed tackle by Hall & Carpenter, and could have easily been picked by Hall.

Offensively I thought Roddy & Jenks did a decent job considering the refs wouldn't call anything on the Panthers DB's. I think they will be a very good duo for the next few years. Crumpler got mugged on a couple of plays and it wasn't called, but he played pretty well. All in all we are set at the skill positions but we are hurting for a good line. McClure, Lehr, & Shaffer all need a bus ticket out of town at this point, because we play in a division that will expose your weaknesses. These teams all have mammoth D-lines with all-world ability and we're putting a below average O-line in front of them. We have to try to bring in some linemen from somewhere or we are setting up our terrific skill players to lose.

The coaches deserve a lot of the blame in this loss, as well as for this season. The playcalling has been good against terrible team and terrible against good teams, almost as if the coaches think we can't execute against the good teams. I put the lack of performance for this season on the coaches honestly, because you have to win with what you have. I think they are holding Vick back by getting into his head that short passes will keep him playing longer. I think they are holding our D back by calling that cover 3 constantly & not taking risks. I think they are holding back Crumpler by not getting him into favorable matchups and forcing him to be our go to guy in the passing game, going as far as lining him up at wideout & throwing deep to him.

As you can see I have a lot of criticisms of the team & this isn't just because of this loss. It is because of the overall play of the team throughout this season that I write this down. I want us to be a consumate Super Bowl contender and, ideally, the winners. The team we had last year wouldn't get that done. This team will not get it done. The guys we need to build around are as follows:

Defense: Williams, Hall, Brooking, Coleman
Offense: Vick, White, Crumpler, Jenkins, Duckett, Weiner, Forney
Special Teams: McAdam, Torrence, Rossum (he will

I am so disappointed that we have gone from a NFC Championship team to a might miss the playoffs team in one year. I am hoping we try to really make some moves to put a solid team around Vick & Hall as they deserve to be champions, and so does Atlanta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:43 am 

I'm not going to ballistic and start spouting off about this team. I can say that the offensive line is this teams own worst enemy. Teams with a good pass rush generally turn the line into swiss cheese. I think if we plug the middle of the line Vick takes another step forward in his skills. He leaped forward in the passing game when both Roddy & Jenkins were starting. Fix the offensive line and you fix the offense.

On the defensive side of the ball we are missing critical players. We don't have Brady Smith, We don't have Ed Hartwell or his backup Jordan Beck, we don't have Kevin Mathis or Chris Cash. The defense has a lot of injury problems and I think we all forgot about that. We have 2 very important starters out and we are working with a lot of rookies and second year players in their places. The tackling has been atrocious and our pass rush comes and goes. I think some problems are solved when injured players comeback. Other problems are more an engima then anything else. Especially Kerney dissappearing so much this year.

Todays game was a lack of tackling, poor o-line play, and I hate to use this card but I will: poor officiating. I saw three missed (one blatant) pass interference calls in this game. The refs missed calls both ways as far as unsportsman like goes.

I am going to question the teams passion as well as Vick's leadership. Vick doesn't seem like a leader to me and he seems to play the role of reluctant leader. The other guys that need to step are Dunn and Crumpler. Dunn isn't a leader either he's a quite player and doesn't seem interested in being the leader. Crumpler is the defacto leader of the offense and even he seems reluctant. We need someone on the offense that will step up and be a true leader. I believe we have leaders on defense in DeLo, Ed, Brooking, and Kerney. But the offense has no leadership and I don't think the team has team leader. Much like the Ravens have Ray Lews, Chicago has Urlacher, Tampa has Brooks, New York has Tiki & Strahan. Atlanta doesn't have that guy (or guys).

And above all else this team has no energy. They have been flat since coming out against Green Bay. Maybe they are punch drunk, maybe Mora needs to sniff amonia caps before games again, but the energy is gone this is a deflated team. I'm not even sure we get back to back winning seasons for the first time ever. I think we go 8-8 at least but this team has no passion and no energy and that worries me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:29 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the reason we are missing so many tackles is because our players are trying to strip the ball instead of just wrapping the guy up and bringing him down....Turnovers are great and everything but I'd rather not allow 10+ yards after contact and not get the TO at this point...

Post subject: It starts with coaching!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:41 pm 

If that is the case where the falcon defensive players are trying to strip the ball instead of tackling then it is the coaches fault.We have seen this same thing happen game after game and for what.The player gets a ton more yards than he should costing field position.The coaches are not doing there job.I wonder how harsh mora is when going over game film with the players? Deangelo hall has alot of talent but sometimes plays with a 2 cent brain.Discipline is key and Hall gets way to mixed up on who wins the war on words rather than taking it out on the field.The Coaches need to be pointing out players who don't tackle correctly. I don't think the players realize the consequences of not takling other than a loss.Stripping the ball has its time but don't do it on every play.Work on the fundamentals and the other things will come.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:54 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

most of the fumbles that occur in the middle of the field is usually the helmet on the ball, not that foolish slapping crap. u might want to slap coming up behind a wr but it's still a gamble. u make a solid tackle ur more likely to come up with a fumble than slapping like a little bitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:
I'm not going to ballistic and start spouting off about this team. I can say that the offensive line is this teams own worst enemy. Teams with a good pass rush generally turn the line into swiss cheese. I think if we plug the middle of the line Vick takes another step forward in his skills. He leaped forward in the passing game when both Roddy & Jenkins were starting. Fix the offensive line and you fix the offense.

On the defensive side of the ball we are missing critical players. We don't have Brady Smith, We don't have Ed Hartwell or his backup Jordan Beck, we don't have Kevin Mathis or Chris Cash. The defense has a lot of injury problems and I think we all forgot about that. We have 2 very important starters out and we are working with a lot of rookies and second year players in their places. The tackling has been atrocious and our pass rush comes and goes. I think some problems are solved when injured players comeback. Other problems are more an engima then anything else. Especially Kerney dissappearing so much this year.

Todays game was a lack of tackling, poor o-line play, and I hate to use this card but I will: poor officiating. I saw three missed (one blatant) pass interference calls in this game. The refs missed calls both ways as far as unsportsman like goes.

I am going to question the teams passion as well as Vick's leadership. Vick doesn't seem like a leader to me and he seems to play the role of reluctant leader. The other guys that need to step are Dunn and Crumpler. Dunn isn't a leader either he's a quite player and doesn't seem interested in being the leader. Crumpler is the defacto leader of the offense and even he seems reluctant. We need someone on the offense that will step up and be a true leader. I believe we have leaders on defense in DeLo, Ed, Brooking, and Kerney. But the offense has no leadership and I don't think the team has team leader. Much like the Ravens have Ray Lews, Chicago has Urlacher, Tampa has Brooks, New York has Tiki & Strahan. Atlanta doesn't have that guy (or guys).

And above all else this team has no energy. They have been flat since coming out against Green Bay. Maybe they are punch drunk, maybe Mora needs to sniff amonia caps before games again, but the energy is gone this is a deflated team. I'm not even sure we get back to back winning seasons for the first time ever. I think we go 8-8 at least but this team has no passion and no energy and that worries me.

Terrific post dirtty, I couldnt agree more.