It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brady Smith
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

So are we ever gonna get Brady back or what...he's listed as questionable again this week....that must of been one hell of a toe injury....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:43 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

toes are sensitive as hell, man. even the little pinky toe. one of them goes and a man has to completely relearn to walk. but it has been a month. if i had to guess i'd say he doesn't practice and then plays on sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:54 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'm not sure exactly where I read it, but I think it was profootballweekly.com...anyway I read that his injury may force him to miss the rest of the year...I don't know how much validity there is to that, but just from what I've seen and read from Mora I don't have any reason to think the injury is getting any better...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Steve-O wrote:
I'm not sure exactly where I read it, but I think it was profootballweekly.com...anyway I read that his injury may force him to miss the rest of the year...I don't know how much validity there is to that, but just from what I've seen and read from Mora I don't have any reason to think the injury is getting any better...

crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:17 pm 

More experience and PT for both Davis and Babs. While Babs is more of a DT then a DE it isn't bad for him to get experience at both spots so we can "go big" when necessary on the line.

The best part is even with this setup we are still at worst wild card contenders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:19 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Steve-O wrote:

He will definatly be hurting...being a doctor i've had to overview surgery on 3 patients feet, and it is very sensitive, and it may take months to be the same...then again it may never be the same

He certainly won't be the same this year, and this will hurt his chances of returning next season

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:12 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think he is done. A toe is important, but it is ultra important to a lineman as we have to really dig into the ground and plant to get a powerful push. If he comes back it will only be for the late season run & playoffs. Then again, some people think he's going to play this weekend because Glymph was sent back to the practice squad. Still, I highly doubt he would be back for week 15 or so as his toe came completely out of the socket, which means there was probably some damage to the nerves &/or ligaments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:54 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

this is the first thing Mora said in his presser today....

Jim Mora:" Ok, I will go over the injuries first. The only one that is significant is Brady (Smith) and he is still questionable with the toe. Like I have said over the past five weeks, I think I am just holding out for a miracle, but we will see where he is on Sunday."

that's what I meant when I said that I didn't have any reason to believe Smith's coming back anytime soon...eh...guess we do the best with what we have...let the rookies get more time and maybe they'll step up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

well BRady is not going to be back next year. He's too injury prone. He was great in 2004, but hasn't quite had the same impact this year, and Davis looks like he's the guy to develop.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:05 pm 

Brady Smith is going to go the Travis Hall route.