It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Critics hushed a bit...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:37 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I haven't seen any ridiculing of Vick this past week, and he is on the home page at ESPN...just something to think about

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:11 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

who the hell are they going to put up there? joey harrington? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:52 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Plummer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

yeah, but that's after the falcons game. of course their gonna stick someone from the next game up there when that game starts.
my comment was more gear towards the lack of people to put up there for the first match up, not anything towards you, man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:37 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

buddyboy wrote:
yeah, but that's after the falcons game. of course their gonna stick someone from the next game up there when that game starts.
my comment was more gear towards the lack of people to put up there for the first match up, not anything towards you, man.

They should've put Garcia...just for laughs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

both harrington and garcia are in trouble. how many dropped balls were dropped? not to mention the protection. garcia used to be good. hard to tell if he's lost it or the lions are just that bad. either way, both would be wise to seek another team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:24 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

To be honest, if i was a lions fan, i would be really depressed.

They have spent the last 3 1st round picks on offensive talent, and still, it appears that there offense has no talent...kinda sad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:28 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I've long thought Vick had the ability but it just wasn't clicking for whatever reason. It seems to have really started clicking this season. I've been impressed with his progress and hope he continues to grow into one of the best QB's in the league...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:34 pm 

If the Falcons move Schuab I think Harrington would be a fine backup. He has the same game as Schuab except he has a better deep ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:13 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yulin wrote:
After watching the game on Thanksgiving, I'm wondering if Harrington wouldn't be worth bringing in for a look as a backup. No one's going to start him in this league next year, so he's gonna have to accept a backup role for a year or two. He knows the system, and honestly the balls he was putting out there Thursday were nice throws. My only concern for him would be leadership ability...

And of course, I'm thinking this only if the team trades Matt.

Okay, did I not suggest exactly that like 2 or 3 weeks ago, and almost everybody say no?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

jittery joe harrington. he flat out stinks. bring em in and test him out but when game time comes, he's gonna stink it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Pudge wrote:
Yulin wrote:
After watching the game on Thanksgiving, I'm wondering if Harrington wouldn't be worth bringing in for a look as a backup. No one's going to start him in this league next year, so he's gonna have to accept a backup role for a year or two. He knows the system, and honestly the balls he was putting out there Thursday were nice throws. My only concern for him would be leadership ability...

And of course, I'm thinking this only if the team trades Matt.

Okay, did I not suggest exactly that like 2 or 3 weeks ago, and almost everybody say no?

I still said no. I would rather get a good draft pick for Schaub and try to pick another winner in the 3rd or 4th round again like we did with Schaub. Harrington is an overpriced underperformer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:36 pm 

I'm in the camp that wanted us to take Jones instead of Jenkins, since I felt Jones was a Top 10 talent, while Jenkins was a borderline 2nd round talent.

But it's like a dead horse. It's one of those what if situations that you'll never know the answer to. What if the Falcons had done what I said and picked Chad Johnson instead of Alge Crumpler back in 2001? What if we took Will Smith instead of DeAngelo Hall in 2004?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:56 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Pudge wrote:
I'm in the camp that wanted us to take Jones instead of Jenkins, since I felt Jones was a Top 10 talent, while Jenkins was a borderline 2nd round talent.

But it's like a dead horse. It's one of those what if situations that you'll never know the answer to. What if the Falcons had done what I said and picked Chad Johnson instead of Alge Crumpler back in 2001? What if we took Will Smith instead of DeAngelo Hall in 2004?

What if we took Tomlinson instead of Vick?