All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Todd Reesing, QB, Kansas
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:50 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

TODD REESING
5-10/188
Kansas Senior

PROS: Has nice arm strength with good zip on his throws. Is mobile, and does a nice job throwing on the run. Can move around the pocket, showing nice footwork and buy himself time. Does a good job keeping his eyes downfield when he's on the move. Can make plays with his legs when the pass breaks down. Usually makes very good decisions with the ball.
CONS: Lacks height and has trouble seeing the field. Gets passes batted down, and his difficulty seeing clear throwing lanes hurts his accuracy. Needs to improve his ability to throw down the field.
OVERVIEW: Reesing is your stereotypical spread quarterback in that he's short without having a big arm, but is mobile. I would compare him with Chase Daniel, but I think he's a bit more NFL ready than Daniel was a year ago.
NFL FORECAST: I think Reesing has NFL ability, but the lack of a rocking arm and his lack of size will really hurt him as a dropback passer. He's a guy that is going to have to move around in order to be an effective passer. But there have been players with comparable height that have managed to stick in the NFL, and I think he can be one of them. Those guys are Seneca Wallace and Koy Detmer. Doug Flutie would be a closer comparison, and like Flutie, the best thing for Reesing is probably to go to Canada for a few years and then try to come back to the states. He's smart and steady enough to compete in the NFL, but he'll have to go to a West Coast system like Wallace and Detmer did to probably have any success in the NFL. I don't see him being a starter, but he could become an above average No. 2 several years down the road.
ATL FORECAST: Reesing could potentially develop here in Atlanta. He is good enough to push guys like Wilson or Shockley for the No. 3 job, but he's unlikely to win the battle as a rookie. Spending a year or two on the practice squad could mean he could be ready to challenge for a backup position to Ryan down the road. But he'd be a fairly limited starter that would have to rely on his legs to make a lot more plays than his arm. He could stick, but isn't an upgrade over Wilson or Shockley.
VALUE: Reesing is too much of a project to draft although he definitely has the ability of a seventh rounder. He's worth a look in camp, but don't use a pick on him.

SKILLS
1-poor, 2-weak, 3-above average, 4-very good, 5-elite

ARM STRENGTH: 2.5
ACCURACY: 2.5
MOBILITY: 4.0
DECISION MAKING: 4.0
MECHANICS: 3.0
POCKET AWARENESS: 3.0
INTANGIBLES: 3.0

Profile E-mail